Friday, April 12, 2013

Axe Cop, Volume Three

 As the Father of a wildly imaginative three-year-old Boy, I totally get what's going on in the mind of seven-year-old AXE COP creator Malachai Nicolle. The wildly outrageous stream-of-consciousness adventures of an axe-wielding, gleefully murderous Cop, as interpreted and illustrated by Malachai's big Brother, Ethan, are just crazy enough to bring a smile to the face of even the most jaded comic-book reader. I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that I laughed out loud, on many occasions, when reading AXE COP, VOLUME 3. That said, I do feel that the AXE COP premise works best in small doses....after 160 pages of AXE COP, there tends to be a sameness to each page. I'm not overly fond of the actual stories that the Brothers cook up, but I love the "Ask Axe Cop" pages. By all means, pick up a copy, just don't read it in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment