Thursday, September 5, 2013

Florida Theme Parks: A Guide



 My Wife and I honeymooned at Walt Disney World, and we've been back a few times since with the kids, so I'm always interested in books about the Disney and Universal Theme Parks. Alex Miller's FLORIDA THEME PARKS: A GUIDE wasn't quite what I was expecting from a book of this type. It's mainly a photo guide to Florida's various Theme Parks, with a (Very brief...) history and overview of each park. I liked the fact that it covered ALL of Florida's Theme Parks, many of which I'd never heard of, and the book has absolutely made me want to visit some of them. What I didn't like was the fact that it really didn't offer anything that you couldn't find in any of the Parks' promotional brochures. I don't think this book would be of any use to someone who is planning a vacation, aside from some pretty pictures. Perhaps very young Theme Park visitors would appreciate this book as a keepsake of some of the places they have visited or want to visit, but, pretty pictures aside, it's really not a very useful or practical vacation guide.

 The Publisher provided a review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment