Thursday, October 4, 2018

The League of Regrettable Sidekicks, by Jon Morris





 Another winner from Jon Morris!

   You truly can find anything in comic books.

 In this staggering volume devoted to sidekicks both heroic and vile, you will encounter feisty baby polar bears, savage seeing eyes dogs, a fat man with a lampshade on his head, falcons, elves, nerds, fathers, robots, horses, aliens, hapless children, apes, hipsters, hippies, butlers, toys, cults, mutants, homeless people, space penguins, child comedians, giant rabbits, cavemen, child-shaped robots, sentient robot cigars, fool-pitiers, and Don freaking Rickles' twin brother. Savor every page of this deathless tome, because, chances are, you will never see 99% of these characters again as long as you live. I rarely laugh out loud when I'm reading a book, but THE LEAGUE OF REGRETTABLE SIDEKICKS gave me quite a few belly laughs. Pay particular attention to the entry for Mr. T's sidekicks, The T-Force. I had to explain to my co-workers why I was laughing hysterically in the break room.

 I have no idea where Jon Morris can possibly go from here, but I'll definitely be along for the ride.

 Quirk Books provided a review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment