Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lost Dogs

                                Jeff Lemire's First, And Best, Published Work
 Jeff Lemire's work has been hit-or-miss for me.....I picked up the first volume of SWEET TOOTH, and while I thought it was good, it wasn't good enough to keep me interested long enough to wait for the second volume to be released (Blame DC/Vertigo's glacial trade paperback program for that one....). I thought THE UNDERWATER WELDER was decent, but went on for way too long. So I wasn't expecting much from LOST DOGS, and I was pleasantly surprised.

LOST DOGS tells the deceptively simple story of a hulking Farmer who loses his Family in a vicious, senseless act of violence. Seeing as how our protagonist is eight feet tall, you'd think it'd be easy to guess just where the story is going to go, but you'd have no idea. I'll avoid any spoilers, but I will say this: LOST DOGS is as poignant, touching, and heartfelt a graphic novel as I've ever read.
Not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment