Friday, December 21, 2012

Wild Children

I have no idea what I just read.

Literally, no idea. WILD CHILDREN reminds me of the worst of Grant Morrison's THE INVISIBLES, which was, at times, a brilliant series, and at other times, an incomprehensible mess. I could, however, assume that Morrison had a point, an agenda, that I was either missing or was going over my head, and there were always other aspects of the book to enjoy. I found nothing enjoyable about WILD CHILDREN, which, frankly, read like a half-formed mish-mash of ideas and concepts that ultimately signified nothing. By the time I got to the part where the Author TELLS YOU that all of this means nothing, I should have just stopped reading. I was hoping that it would all pull together in the end, but all I got out of WILD CHILDREN was that the Author really, REALLY likes THE MATRIX and THE INVISIBLES, and that he can't tell a story worth a damn.  


No comments:

Post a Comment